Seniors Residential / Community Centre Project
The City of Mission has partnered with Mission Association for Seniors Housing (MASH), Mission Seniors Centre Association (MSCA) and BC Housing to build seniors residential accommodations and community centre, which welcomed its first residents in May 2021.
November 2022 – Currently accepting applications for waitlist for future openings.
The Boswyk Centre consists of a 11,000 square foot community centre on the ground floor, and 74 studio, one and two bedroom units, creating affordable seniors housing for 55+ residents in the 5 floors above.
- MASH has leased the property from the City of Mission for a term of 60 years.
- The City has sublet the ownership of the Community Centre back from MASH.
- The entire facility will revert to District ownership at the end of 60 years.
- BC Housing has contributed $7.4M from the Community Housing Fund for capital construction of the residential component.
- BC Housing will be subsidizing ongoing operating costs, while the District will be responsible for operating costs for the Community Centre.
- Projects built under the Community Housing Fund will reflect the following mix of incomes:
30% of the units will be for households with middle incomes.
50% of the units will be for a range of low- to moderate-income households.
20% of the units will be for households with low incomes.
The City of Mission was responsible for contributing $4M to the development of the project
The Mission Foundation contributed a $500K grant towards the capital cost of building the Community Centre
This $500,000 has been generously donated by the estate of Marilyn Boswyk.
The west end of the Mission Leisure Centre parking lot will be used for parking by the Community Centre and Residential component; replacement parking will be developed where the old, smaller skateboard park facility is located now.
People interested in renting a unit are asked to contact the Tenant Services coordinator at 1 -236-622-2043 or email@example.com
74 suites are subsidized through our partnership with BC Housing. To qualify you will need to complete the application form and verification of your income will be required.
Please see application form and checklist below, kindly download the form and complete drop off at The Cedars 7380 Hurd Street, Mission, with supporting documents listed on the checklist.