October 25, 2021 – ONGOING RECRUITMENT FOR ASSISTED LIVING WORKERS
The Cedars is currently seeking qualified Assisted Living Workers (ALW) for casual-on-call roles. The ALW will provide basic personal care and medication administration, in compliance with Assisted Living and Independent Living regulatory bodies. ALWs are employed in the Assisted Living segment of our home, under the supervision of the LPN and supervision of the Executive Director of the Cedars or their designate. ALW will participate in social and activity programs, while maintaining a clean tidy and home-like atmosphere.
- Completion of Resident Care Attendant program or equivalent
- Assisted Living Medication Course (VCC or equivalent training)
- Current registration with BC Care Aid and Community Health Worker Registry
- Current First Aid/CPR
- Basic computer skills
- Related experience working with seniors
- Evidence of good physical health, and capacity to handle demands of the job
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in written and oral English
- Ability to follow and understand directions
- Ability to demonstrate care, genuine empathy and patience while interacting with tenants, their families and friends
- Portray a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously within the team concept, willing to perform repetitive/routine tasks, and work cohesively with peers in other departments
- Comfortable and able providing intimate care professionally
- Be an active participant in employee performance evaluations
- Able to demonstrate evidence of Covid-19 vaccination completion, and required daily screening compliance
Starting rate $23.27/h.
Application directions: Please apply via email in confidence to:
MARIA LITJENS, LPN at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not apply via Facebook.